March 7, 2011

Product Review: Oxo Cherry/Olive Pitter

Cherry Blossom

Did you know that Michigan is one of the world's top cherry producers? Lucky us! I can remember my grandma, aunt and mom using hairpins to pit bazillions of cherries back when I was a wee girl. That was a nice, simple method. It was also messy and time consuming. Now, normally I'm not a gadget girl. The exception would be kitchen gadgets. I picked this one up earlier this winter while I was dreaming of cherry season. I used it to pit the olives when I made the chicken tagine a while back. It's easy to use and relatively neat. It only does one at a time, so it will still take some time, but I really think it will make prepping cherries much easier.

As I look out onto the frigid landscape of March in Michigan, I can't help planning my cherry projects for the year. This little gadget will come in handy as I attempt homemade maraschino cherries (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic), cherry jam and cherry pie filling. Yum!

**The legal stuff: I am not being compensated in any way for this review. I bought the product and have enjoyed it so I thought I'd share.**

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Peachy Keen Design