Anyway, this is a recipe I dreamed up because I wanted a cuban sandwich. It's only a cuban sandwich in the loosest sense (it has ham and pickles), but it satisfied my craving and was quick to make.
Crescent Cuban Pockets
- canned crescent rolls
- pickles (I used Tony Packo's sweet hots, because I love them)
- cheese (Swiss is traditional but I used cheddar since I had it on hand)
Traditional cubans also use roast pork, but I didn't have any. If you do, put it in too; it will really add to the flavor.
- Unroll the crescents and separate into 4 small rectangles. Pinch the seams closed.
- On each rectangle, place your desired ratio of meat, cheese and pickles.
- Fold the rectangle over and pinch closed.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet according to the directions on your brand of crescent rolls.