Crispy Potatoes with Bleu Cheese, Scallions and BBQ Sour Cream
You can make this for any number of people. Figure on about 1 medium potato per person.
- potatoes, sliced thin (If you're in a pinch for time just use some good, crunchy kettle chips)
- oil for frying
- sour cream
- BBQ sauce (I actually used a BBQ rub from Pampered Chef)
- scallions, sliced thin
- bleu cheese
- Mix the sour cream and BBQ sauce (I used about 1/4 cup sour cream and 2 TBSPs of rub. Just wing it until you like the ratio).
- Fry the potato slices in a bit of olive oil (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) until they reach your desired level of crispiness and brownness.
- Remove potatoes from pan, blot off any extra oil.
- Layer potatoes on serving platter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with bleu cheese, scallions and sour cream. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The beauty of these is their absolute versatility. Don't like bleu cheese? Use cheddar. Want some meat? Add some bacon. Not a fan of BBQ? Use regular sour cream or ranch dressing. You can make these completely your own! Enjoy!