Roasted Squash with Onions, Walnuts and Bleu Cheese
- Peel and cut a medium butternut (or any other winter variety) squash into bite size pieces.
- Toss with olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper.
- Roast in a 350° oven for about an hour (when the squash is soft and starting to carmelize, it's ready). About 30 minutes into the roasting time, add a sliced onion.
- About 50 minutes into the roasting time, add a handful of chopped walnuts.
- When everything is roasted, toasted and carmelized to your liking, remove from the oven.
- Top with crumbled bleu cheese before serving.