October 6, 2011

The Road to Financial Independence: Wine Tastings!

As you know by now, I've been experimenting with different ways of making some extra cash. My ultimate goal is to be able to create enough income that we will be financially independent, while still doing the things we want to do (helping pay for the boys' college, traveling, buying property for retirement, etc). A very popular way for people to make extra money on a part-time, at home basis is the home party company. You know what I'm talking about, the consultant comes to your house and sets up a display of whatever is for sale, they do a short presentation and then your guests get to shop in the comfort of your home, among friends. The parties are a lot of fun and everyone benefits. Now, I've tried a couple of these companies before with limited success. I was leery to embark on another of these adventures, but then I found Wine Shop at Home. I'm a fan of wine, so I looked into it and became a wine consultant.

Now, I earn extra money by going to people's houses and  performing guided wine tastings for them and their guests. It's a great time. They get to experience new wines with good friends and I earn extra money on my terms.

If you've been thinking about earning some extra money with a home party company, be sure to do your research. Find a product that you love and talk to another consultant or two to get a feeling for the structure of the company. It's not automatic money, you have do some work. You must network, promote, follow-up and, of course, do the parties. If you put time into it, though, you will reap the rewards!

And, of course, if you're in the southeastern Michigan area and love wine or need gifts (corporate or personal), visit my website and drop me a note! I'll be happy to assist you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Peachy Keen Design