October 26, 2011

Long Family Farm

This time of year everyone is looking for the apple orchard experience. Some folks drive miles and miles to go to a crowded, expensive orchard. Don't get me wrong. I love orchards and I've been to many of them. But, I love that I get to drive a short distance over to Long Family Farm in Commerce Township. I've mentioned Long's before because that's where I got my asparagus this summer. You can do a quick trip into the barn, get some cider, some *warm* doughnuts (watch both being made through the big windows), and pick up some apples. Outside, there is a big pile of pumpkins to choose from (they're only $5) and you can be on your way. OR buy a Fall Fun pass for $8 a person ($10 for a season pass) and head out back. With the fall fun pass you get access to the goat petting/feeding area, the bounce house, the two giant hill slides, the big bouncer pillow (fun for all ages-my legs were sore the next day!), the two sandboxes, the multiple wooden play structures, the pedal-powered go-karts, the hayride out to the pumpkin patch and, of course, the corn maze! Whew, I think I actually missed a couple things there, but you get the idea. There is a ton to do! My son would've stayed much longer than the almost 3 hours we were there.

They also do a moonlight corn maze on weekends. Glow stick included!

I can't recommend Long's stongly enough. Come out to my neck of the woods and check them out. You will not be disappointed. And, since the pumpkins are all $5 (instead of by weight like most places) this is the ideal spot to find your BIG pumpkin!


This is actually a picture from last year...I *ahem* forgot the camera...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Peachy Keen Design