May 23, 2011

Progress: Technology

I'm sure you remember me talking about how much I'm still on the computer. And, it bothers me a bit. I never wanted to completely stop using the computer, but I did (and do) want to cut back. It's easy for me to say that I'm just going to jump on for a second to check my email, but it invariably turns into more than that. In addition, I'm in the process of starting up two at-home businesses. One focuses on kids, the other on adults and both will require me to put in some more time at the computer. So, I need to make some changes. If you follow the blog on Facebook, you know already know what one of those changes is. I'm going to restrict my regular blogging to Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Now, that doesn't mean I won't throw in an occasional Wordless Weekend or Tuesday Tidbit, but I think that this will not only free up some more of my time to actually learn and do all the things I want to tell you about. It will also ensure a high quality post. As I learn more and readership grows, I may go back to every day posting. We'll see where this leads and play it by ear.

Another change, is a step back from some of my crafting. I love my clay, but listing and promoting Michigan Mud is another chunk of online time that I could be using to do something more immediately pressing. The studio is going to remain open and I'm still going to list from time to time, but there is definitely going to be a pullback. Now, I'm crafty by nature so I'm still going to do crafts, but I'm going to be in more of a learning phase for awhile and not limit myself to things that I have to get posted in the store. Some of what I make will be for gifts, some will be for me and my family to enjoy and some will just be for the learning experience. I promise I will still show off all the successes and failures to you.

So, there it is. A couple steps that will be harder for me than for you, I'm sure. :) I hope you keep reading. In the next few weeks I have plans to show off my gardens (which actually have things growing in them!), a whole bunch of craft and project ideas and my business plans. Stay tuned and I'll be back on Wednesday!

1 comments:

Celtic Cat said...

One of the problems with selling online is the time spent on the computer.

I have said at times that I should eat my dinner in front of the computer to save time. But then, who will do the dishes. Not my DH!

Good luck with all your business!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Peachy Keen Design