May 6, 2011

Ham Pinwheel Spread

Who doesn't love a ham pinwheel? Well, vegetarians, I suppose. OK, skip that question. I love a ham pinwheel. There, that's better. In case you're not familiar with them, ham pinwheels are slices of deli ham covered in cream cheese, rolled up and cut into slices. Some folks put a green onion or tiny pickle in the middle. I'm not picky. I'll eat any of the versions. While these are easy to prepare they're often done for parties and I've never taken the time to make them for a meal or snack for myself. This spread that I came up with gives you the taste with less effort.


Ham Pinwheel Spread
Ingredients
  • 8 ounce block of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup diced ham (or more if you want a thicker, meatier spread)
  • sweet pickle relish or diced green onions to taste (or get crazy and use both)
Directions
  1. Mix everything together in bowl, chill. (Can't get much easier than that)
You could easily make this into a cheeseball if you wanted something a little more party-ready. I put mine in a tortilla and made a lunch roll-up. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Celtic Cat said...

Sounds good! I love ham and I love cream!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Peachy Keen Design